Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is the Grass Greener

I had one of those days that never seemed to stop; I was constantly busy from the minute I woke up ... and I still am not done. I told DMD that I would get my questions for the magazine and haven't done that yet so my night is still going....

I sat here typing away tonight and frantically trying to get stuff done. It was 9:00 and I had not run yet. My head was killing me and I still had a lot to do and thought I was just going to have to blow it off. But I was drawing a blank with my writing and I realized I had to go for a run. Sometimes, all I need to do is go for a run and tonight was one. When I think I have no time to get out there, or that taking time to run could be the most selfish thing to do in that moment, my feet start slapping and I remember once again, just like always, that there is nothing selfish running. It's one thing that allows me to be everything I need to be for everyone else and not resent it. With so many time constraints and limits and rules and routines in the hectic pace of daily life, we need another place where we set our own pace, even if it's just for 4 miles.

4 miles at 8:41 on the treadmill was the best antidote ever! Not the 7 on my plan (got it today!) but the 4 I did cleared clutter out of my head and lifted the ache it was previously carrying. I came upstairs from the basement, made lunches, cracked out some laundry and back to my writing feeling fresh and revived. It was the best 4 miles I've had in a long time!!!! Sometimes, the grass IS greener....

4 miles run

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes you just have to get out there and run and be yourself. It is hard to fit everything in to a busy life but you are doing a great job. Good luck on your articles. Thanks for your daily letters ! :) You are awesome runnergirl ( and my heroine !) !!