Monday, April 27, 2009

Finally...the run


FINALLY!!!! I went for a 3 1/2 mile run tonight. I've been crawling out of my skin to get back out there and it felt great. Okay, I'll admit that my quads were a tiny bit sore but I think the run actually will help combat that soreness. I only ran at a 9 minute pace...and that felt like I was flying, but I'll take it. I did some weights tonight, too, and I'll even admit it, as much as I hate weight training, it felt good. It just is such a release to be doing any sort of exercising that I'll even welcome the weight training (though I can guarantee that I'll be sore tomorrow!). I made a promise to Rob, after I vented about the lack of running mileage on my plan this week, that if he allowed me to run more, I would not complain about the weight training or that the weight training was going to interfere with the running I wanted to do. Okay. I can do that!

My weight is up a few lbs and my body fat about 2%. Time to get back into the groove....I'm feeling a lot better and very motivated. Though I can't help but wonder if I have the Swine Flu...I took a good hour and a half nap today and that is SO very unlike me. I laid down about 4:00 today hoping to get in about 15 minutes. I woke up at 5:45 and was almost late for weight training. Errr...

I have lost the CD with Abbey's graduation pictures on it .. and I need it to do the announcements. This is driving me crazy................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These things are never going to get done and in the mail before graduation!

3 mile run

No comments: