Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cut Week - day 2

This will be brief: I'm tired; I had a very long day; it's 10:00 and I just got home; and I have eggs on the stove I need to not let over-boil.

Day 2. Doing okay but had an odd sensation of just feeling very light-headed this morning. Got up and did 6 miles at an 8:20 pace. It was a struggle at first but I pushed through it and persevered. When I got to work, though, I just didn't feel right. I ate my banana but it wasn't enough. I hung in there and had some green tea and lots of water. At 9:30, I ate my cereal with blueberries and wow...I felt so much better. That was not a fun experience. Had an interesting day at work, one of those days you just wish would end so you could just go home and start over the next day. Got home, got my stuff together and headed off to CPR class. CPR class you ask? Didn't I finish that last week? Yes, well ... that was the plan. But remember that allergy attack I had and I took that Benedryl? I came home and crashed and whaaala...I woke up and it was 45 minutes past the start of class. Luckly, I landed in another class tonight. So now I am "officially" CPR/First Aid/AED certified. Woohoo. Went to the rec center after class and met Marie to help her work out. That was good, she is fun and I think it will go well. Yes. Then, at 8:40, I tried to do 6x800's at a 7:30 pace. Just was NOT going to happen. I could not get my legs to move and I my breathing was so off. I slowed to a 7:40 pace and that was better but I still was suffering - greatly!!! I finished but it was NOT NOT NOT pretty! They did get some cool treadmills at the rec center though (I hav not been there in ages!) where you can monitor your running on a live track. It was really cool. That provided a little distraction! So I'm off to bed now and I hope and pray I sleep well cuz tomorrow is day 3 and day 3 is less challening workout-wise, but a lot more challening eating-wise.

Running:
6 miles at 8:20
6x800's at 7:40
(5 miles total with warm up and cool down)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing your CPR class and on a full day of working out, that's 11 quality miles.

Also your anonymous comments are set up correctly.

Dennis