Monday, January 12, 2009

Cut Week - day 1

So here's the scoop: I'm trying to cut my weight and body fat FAST. So my trainer, Rob, has me on what he calls "cut week" and I am coming upon the finish of day 1. Ran 5 miles at an 8:20 pace this morning early (that would be 'before work'). My legs were tired from yesterday's tough run and I was struggling. I couldn't get into a groove and my breathing was so off. I had nothing to keep my mind distracted from how hard it was; it's not like there's anything on tv at 5:10 a.m. and I was spending way too much time channel surfing. I went upstairs and got my iPod and wow...what a difference that made. I can get into a zone so much easier (most of the time, not all!) if I can just put my music on and listen to the words...some lyrics are so powerful and they draw you in and distract you from the task at hand. I finished my run, ate my apple, and rushed off to work. National Weather Forecast called for 1-2" of snow. Since my daughter's school was closed (private Catholic), I knew this forecast had to be off; when I left for work, we had about 5". It took me 14 minutes to go 1 mile, that's how bad it was. I know all my far-commuter friends feel so sorry for me. I ate my cold scrambled eggs (okay, I'm going to have to hard boil them, that was disgusting even after microwaving them for a minute) and later my chicken spinach salad and I felt good. Came home, ate my oatmeal and then went for another workout. 20 minutes of treadmill sprints followed by some fast weight training on all my body parts. The sprints were okay, not as fresh (obviously) as others have been but I did them and got to 11.0 on the treadmill. Came home and ate chicken and broccoli. A protein shake later today and that's day one of my reduced diet/increased workout "cut week." I think it's going to go well!!!

Run: 7 miles
Weights: all parts

No comments: